Check out my YouTube playlist!

Teething Time?!

When I googled "baby teething symptoms" and read drooling, restless sleeping and chewing on everything, I knew my baby was in the teething phase! I also read some other symptoms, like fever, that my baby didn't have. So, do a lot of research and ask your baby's pediatrician for more information in regards to the medical aspect. 

In this blog, I'm going to recommend the products I used for my baby once she started teething. She got her first two teeth at six months and by one year, she had eight teeth.  I did not use any teething gels or gum soothers, but I did try out a lot of different teething toys and products. The ones below were most helpful to my baby and I hope it helps your baby during this phase!


1. One of the first items I bought were Nuby bibs. I saw a friend using them for her baby and thought what a great idea! Not only did it help catch all of my baby's drool from her chin and clothes, but there is a chewy piece on the end that was easy to turn up and let my baby chew on.  The drool started irritating my baby's chin, so this bib made it very easy to wipe the drool off her chin. I bought about eight of these to use one per day and put in the wash once a week. I used these bibs for about 4-5 months.

2. Once my baby's teeth broke the skin, I wanted to get her used to the idea of brushing her teeth. I bought two items for this. The first is what is in the pink and blue case. They are finger toothbrushes that you put on your finger and run along your baby's gums/teeth/tongue. My baby would bite down on my finger and at this point it didn't hurt. The downside to these finger brushes is the size. I could wear it on my pointer finger but my husband had to use his pinky finger. I used these finger brushes for about 3 months before transitioning to an infant toothbrush with bristles.

3. The other teether/toothbrush that my baby loved was the two cactus teethers. The soft plastic bristles helped with the idea of brushing teeth and the three cactus arms were great for my baby to chew on and hold by herself. This was by far her favorite teether and she used it for about 4 months.

4. Soon, I started noticing my baby chewing on anything wood. Her crib rails, tables, wood toys. Once she made some teeth marks in my sister's dining room table I knew I needed to get her some wooden teethers. I bought this pack and she chewed on this for a bit. She wasn't as interested in them as she was the table, but I figured this was a better option! 

5. I also tried the terry cloth type of teethers. There are four pictured. You can try putting water inside the Mickey or grapes one, freeze it, and let your baby chew on it. Be sure to monitor the coldness of it and how your baby reacts to it. The other two that are pink/orange and green/yellow are good to put a cold piece of food and allow your baby to chew on the food and eat. Of course, be aware of any potential food allergies. I didn't use these as often because my baby was eating solid foods during teething and was able to chew on her food.

6. Since my baby didn't use the teethers in number 5 as much, I was searching for new teethers that she would take to and I found the RaZbaby RaZberry! It is shaped like a pacifier but with bumps like a raspberry. My baby used these for about a month. She would put it in her mouth and take it out to investigate the texture, it was so cute to watch!

No baby is alike! Your baby might like some of these, she might not! It's okay to try new things or try things again in a month. The upside is all of these are on the inexpensive side. I hope you find some helpful. Good luck on your baby's teething journey!

Here are the links to each item mentioned in this blog. The link will take you to Amazon and if you buy an item through my link, I may make a small commission at not extra cost to you. Thanks for reading!

Nuby Bibs 3 Pack

Nuby Bibs 2 Pack

Finger Toothbrushes (I bought this large pack to get a better deal.)

Cactus Teethers

Wooden Teethers

Terry Cloth Teether

Pack of 1    Pack of 2 RaZbaby RaZberry Pacifier Teether 














 

Michelle Holly Recommends Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design